About The Role
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Medisafe is seeking a seasoned Commercial Counsel experienced in Pharma/Health Tech/App Licensing and related agreements. The Commercial Counsel will serve as the central point of contact for the client-facing legal needs of our business, including reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial agreements with the Company’s customers and partners, leading legal, regulatory and security reviews requested by our partners, and providing guidance to internal team members on legal issues and considerations related to our business. In addition, the Commercial Counsel will be responsible for ensuring compliance with industry standards and regulatory, security and privacy guidelines, such as HIPAA, GDPR and more.
This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer and interacts with personnel at all levels of the Company as well as with external customers and business partners and requires the experience and ability to understand, present and frame complex legal and related business issues to successfully prepare, review and negotiate commercial agreements.
We are seeking someone that is team oriented with strong interpersonal skills, but also has a high-level of initiative, ability to work autonomously and can recognize when to seek guidance from leadership and/or external counsel.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH:
As Medisafe’s Commercial Counsel you will play a lead role in preparing, reviewing, and negotiating legal contracts that Medisafe is entering into with its pharmaceutical customers and partners. In addition, you will lead all MLR (Medical, Legal, Regulatory) and security reviews held with our partners, and aggregate information from internal resources (including Product, R&D and Partner Success) to complete these processes. You will ensure organizational compliance with legal and regulatory requirements in our industry.
- Draft, review and negotiate a wide range of complex commercial agreements with leading pharmaceutical companies, healthcare organizations and other business partners.
- Lead the review and negotiation of various legal agreements with Partners: Statements of Work, Change Orders, Partner Agreements, Security Reviews, RFP’s, Non-Disclosure Agreements, and more.
- Interact closely with customers and business partners to negotiate agreement terms and represent Medisafe’s business and best interests.
- Build and maintain templates of answers/information for standard legal reviews and security reviews.
- Assist with components of the medical, legal and regulatory (MLR) review processes held with each of our partners.
- Manage Medisafe’s risk management program, including mitigation strategies with insurance.
- Ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and privacy standards in the Pharma / Medical App industries and oversee processes related to compliance with such standards.
- Provide advice and counsel on data privacy, data security matters and other legal considerations.
- J.D. degree and admission to a state bar is required (Massachusetts preferred, but not required).
- Minimum 8-10 total years’ experience, preferably with a combination of practicing with an established law firm and relevant in-house counsel experience.
- Excellent Customer-facing communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with attorneys – Pharmaceutical company’s attorneys or partner legal departments
- Excellent writing skills with demonstrated experience drafting and negotiating complex contracts.
- Excellent legal research skills.
- Familiarity with data privacy and data security laws.
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail, and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Knowledge of statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to Company’s business.
- Understanding of issues surrounding licensing, patient data and technology
Compensation will depend on skills and experience. Medisafe offers a comprehensive, high-quality benefits program which includes medical, dental, and vision care, Life Insurance, Short and Long Terms Disability plans, retirement plans and other benefits to its employees. We focus our attention, time, and energy on improving the lives of millions of people prescribed daily medications.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Because we are on a mission to connect patients to the support they need, we believe it’s essential to reflect the diversity of those we wish to serve. We’re an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a culturally and experientially diverse and balanced team.