Corporate Accounting Manager
About The Role
Medisafe is the world’s leading digital therapeutics platform for medication management. At Medisafe, we create easy-to-use, personalized technology that helps patients better manage their medications, and offers pharmaceutical and biotech manufacturers personalized, configurable software and services. The digital solutions we co-create with our pharmaceutical partners free patients from the stress of managing complicated medications, enabling them to lead healthier, safer, and fuller lives. We have 10M+ registered users, hundreds of thousands of daily patients, and partner with 8 of the top 20 global pharma companies.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Medisafe team includes over 80 team members, across 3 offices (HQ in Boston, Tel Aviv, and London) and growing. With a recent influx of funding ($30m Series C led by Sanofi and Alive Ventures), we’ve significantly grown our team and revenue.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Medisafe is seeking a Corporate Accounting Manager with a primary focus on accounting and financial reporting activities, with period-end accounting and related reporting duties, as well as responsibility for management of accounting personnel, audit, tax filing, commissions, stock option administration and working with third party service providers. The Corporate Accounting Manager will also be an integral partner for the company’s management team providing both analysis and operational insight, while introducing task-related efficiencies, processes, and systems which will have a direct contribution to Medisafe’s growth and success.
- Internal controls and guidelines for accounting transactions
- Month End/Quarter End Close
- Supervision of financial statement preparation, ensuring reported results comply with generally
accepted accounting principles (GAAP) or financial reporting standards
- Management and ownership of General Ledger, P&L, Cash Flow, Balance Sheet
- Supervision of AP, AR, Revenue/Deferred Revenue, Accruals, Fixed Assets
- Working Closely with parent company G&A staff and third-party accounting services providers
- Management of year End Audit
- Responsible for tax planning, annual tax filings
- Management of Capitalization Records, Reporting
- Stock Option Administration
- Supervision and review of Commission calculations
- Intercompany accounting and transfer pricing
- Ensure compliance with local, state and federal government requirements
- Work closely with Chief Financial Officer, Director of Finance & Accounting and other finance
- Annual Budget
- FP&A Modeling and Forecasting
- BOD presentations
- Review of current accounting systems and processes, recommended changes, implementation
- Period-ending accounting and reporting duties and commissions
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
REQUIRED EDUCTION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting or Business Administration required.
- Six years or more of related experience required.
- Certified Public Accountant designation and/or Big 4 experience a plus.
- Background in SaaS, pharmaceutical or healthcare industry preferred.