Sales Director, Strategic Accounts – Western Region
About The Role
The Company – Medisafe
Every day, thousands of patients across the country and around the world take their medications at the wrong time, in the wrong amounts, in doubled doses, or not at all. These human oversights have a cost. In the US alone, 125,000 people die every year due to preventable medication mistakes. They cause a health emergency every forty-five seconds. The US healthcare system spends $300 billion per year addressing the crisis. We’re here to solve this problem. Our technology fosters patient well-being and saves lives—it helps patients manage their medications and provides visibility into their daily behavior. We use this data, gathered from the actions of millions of patients, to generate insights that promote collaboration and smart decision making at every level of the healthcare industry. This leads to better outcomes for all.
This is a highly important sales role within the organization (virtual/home office based). The Sales professional will lead the growth and development of their Accounts. She/he will play a key role within the company, having responsibility for developing new partnerships with brands, patient support services, digital, innovation and market access functions within pharmaceutical manufacturers. On top of their own efforts, they will have both sales development representative and marketing lead generation support, and are expected to drive the entire sales cycle from warm prospecting into companies, to securing meetings with senior-level decision-makers. She/he will take the account through a needs analysis, develop and present Medisafe’s solutions and then will be tasked with closing the sale. This position is focused on new business development, and the cultivation and growth of such accounts after they have been penetrated. As a business builder and leader within the company, the Sales professional will be a key member of Medisafe’s growing team, work closely with their Partner Success colleagues supporting current customers and work closely with their sales development representative to support lead generation. This is a remote role but would like candidates in the So CA, No CA regions, or other western states ideally.
5-10+ years of outside sales experience calling directly on pharmaceutical brands/patient services/analytics/ commercial operations functions with a proven track record of success meeting and exceeding annual sales/revenue targets.
- Experience selling solutions to brand marketers, commercial leaders, consumer focused roles, patient services, analytics functions, and leadership teams at any level of a pharma.
- Has designed, developed and executed multi-million-dollar deals.
- Has sold strategic, complex offerings into Pharma. Digital channel experience a plus.
- Technology and SaaS-based sales experience is a plus.
- Hunter who excels in developing new business accounts.
- Brings in own contacts and book of business and responsible for own lead generation along with support from SDR. Contacts within the agency world is a plus.
- Comfort both constructing and negotiating MSAs, SOWs.
- Conversant in pharmaceutical secondary data assets and advanced analytics solutions.
- Expertise in developing senior-level, trust and performance-based relationships by identifying products/services and sell opportunities that best meet client’s needs.
- Passionate about selling and creating value for customers.
- Experience utilizing Salesforce.com for maintenance of opportunities, lead and account updates.
- Able to travel throughout the region (post pandemic)
- Works well in a fast paced, ever changing environment